Create your atmosfire
No more smoke filled rooms
Since the beginning, humans have worked to harness the flame. At atmosfire, we believe fire can kindle conversation, ignite creativity, and forge memories unlike any other element. It’s why we develop products, like the Draw Collar, that make harnessing the flame easier, safer and more efficient.
Learn More About The Draw Collar
- Thoughts on the Draw Collar When we first bought our new stove and tried to start a fire it was very smokey before the... read moreWhen we first bought our new stove and tried to start a fire it was very smokey before the stove and pipes warmed up enough to create a draft. And the smoke alarm was only some 15 feet away, thus it would go off all the time. The noise and the smoke made things very unpleasant. To remedy this I thought why not just pre-heat the top of the stove and the pipes with a blowtorch. Well, that worked, but it took a lot of time and effort, which really became quite burdensome after a few days. It made you not want to even bother having a fire. Some time later, at the store where we bought the stove, I saw this collar gismo and thought what a convenient time saver that might be. So I bought one. It turned out to be way better than I had imagined, so easy to build a fire which takes right off because of a good draft, no smoke, and there are no worries about setting off the smoke alarm. It is now a pleasure to build a fire. After the fire season you unplug it, and then plug it in the next fire season. How convenient! I recommend this collar as highly as possible. And I commend you, John, for coming up with the idea, then building it, and then marketing it, all for the convenience of amateur fire builders everywhere. It is a fine invention. read lessLarry Shumway...we will be able to enjoy our stove all winter in Quebec! J’avais tout essayé mais rien d’y faisait, la majorité du temps j’avais un flux descendant d’air froid que je ne... read moreJ’avais tout essayé mais rien d’y faisait, la majorité du temps j’avais un flux descendant d’air froid que je ne pouvais pas contrer et cela rendait le poêle impossible à utiliser. J’ai découvert Dra Collar sur internet, et j’avais du mal à y croire, mais je n’avais plus rien à perdre. J’ai installé le collier en 1H, assisté en direct par un collaborateur de la société avec qui j’échangeais sur Messenger. J’ai envoyé des photos et des videos et j’ai pu l’installer moi-même. Depuis c’est juste magique, cela a changé ma vie et nous allons pouvoir profiter de notre poêle tout l’hiver québécois ! Le support a été vraiment efficace et aimable, et la personne qui m’a aidé sur Messenger a fait un suivi régulier pour savoir si tout allait bien. read lessCharles TineWe use this draw collar on our wood burner and it makes all the difference in getting the fire started... read moreWe use this draw collar on our wood burner and it makes all the difference in getting the fire started quickly and smoke free. I highly recommend this product! read lessLynda CarterDraw Collar
- We purchased the draw collar almost two years ago now, so we have gone through two long winters here in... read moreWe purchased the draw collar almost two years ago now, so we have gone through two long winters here in NE. We burn for about 75% of our heat, which means burning almost daily for four months. Before the collar we had problems from initial backdraft and had to babysit the fire when we started it, with a lot of smoke pushing into the house. We noticed a difference right away. Plug it in, let it heat up for about 10 minutes and start the fire. It really is that simple. Now lets talk customer service. I had some questions on how to cut my pipe and John was there to guide me through. Now fast forward two years and I had to call John again about an issue I was having with the thermostat. I called the phone number and John picked up, then kindly gave me the steps to solve my problem. THAT is customer service you don't see these days any more. This device is awesome and although it's pricey, it's saved us MANY a struggle with lighting our wood stove. read lessJeff PorterI would like to thank you for producing what I consider to be the most revolutionary product for drafting a... read moreI would like to thank you for producing what I consider to be the most revolutionary product for drafting a fireplace. I had contacted your company after seeing your product video on Youtube. I have been searching for solutions now for over a year since my neighbor placed large trees on our property line causing my terrible draft issues. I spent over $900.00 on various products (ie. chimney liner extension, fan draft inducer, Vacu Stack) to no avail and thought that I was simply destined to live with smoke filled rooms ..... until I got the Draw Collar. After placing the Draw Collar on my rear venting Jotul F3CB I could not be happier. I simply plug it in, let it warm up for 20 minutes and light my fire. I have not had any issues getting a good draft/fire going immediately WITHOUT ANY SMOKE!! Your product is well worth the money!! I was quite impressed with its construction design as well as the quality materials used in the product. Thank you again for solving my draft issue!! We could not be happier now that we can once again look forward to many warm evenings WITHOUT SMOKE!! read lessY.E.After googling downdrafts associated with wood stoves, I came across your Draw Collar. It made every bit of sense... read moreAfter googling downdrafts associated with wood stoves, I came across your Draw Collar. It made every bit of sense on its function so I decided after talking to you to order one. I built an addition to my house to accomodate my Grandmothers Wood Stove that I inherited. I grew up experiencing the heat that a wood stove puts out so I was determined to install the stove. I knew because of the chimneys positioning there might be a chance of a downdraft so I started researching the web. I started asking questions which brought me to the conclusion that my Grandmothers Wood Stove Installation would include your Draw Collar. I power on the Draw Collar and within about 20 minutes it is time to start a fire with no down draft. Stubborn as I am, I tried starting a fire without the Draw Collar plugged in. Guess what happened? Got Smoke. So for your future customers out there I have a question. Got Smoke? Get a Draw Collar. read lessVictor Valdez
- I used to have two issues with our fireplace. One with getting draw when starting a fire, causing smoke to... read moreI used to have two issues with our fireplace. One with getting draw when starting a fire, causing smoke to enter the room instead of going up the chimney. The second issue was when the fire was dying down (usually when I had just gotten into my deepest sleep) and the smoldering fire not being hot enough to continue draw up the chimney - causing carbon monoxide and smoke to fill the house. Since I have installed the draw collar - I haven't had a single instance of either of these issues. The peak level of the carbon monoxide sensor still reads 'zero'. The peace of mind and improved function of the fireplace make every dollar spent on the draw collar worth it. I wish I had found it years ago. read lessAndySince we purchased the Draw Collar, we have not had a single problem with drafts or smoke. The collar... read moreSince we purchased the Draw Collar, we have not had a single problem with drafts or smoke. The collar heats up the fireplace enough to keep the cold air from coming down the chimney. I can open the fireplace door and damper while I start the fire, and I never have to worry about the cold air or smoke coming into the room. I would recommend this Draw Collar to everyone. read lessChrisI've always wanted a wood-burning stove in our family room, not just for ambiance, but as a practical secondary source... read moreI've always wanted a wood-burning stove in our family room, not just for ambiance, but as a practical secondary source of heat as well. However, friends and neighbors cautioned us against this choice, citing their own frustration with smoky backdrafts and campfire smells in the house. "It's just not worth the hassle," they advised.
Still, a wood stove or insert was what I had my heart set on, minus all of the unpleasant problems associated with them. Was that possible?
To my delight, I learned it is! Thanks to the Draw Collar, I can enjoy a warm, crackling fire without any concerns of unpleasant smoke and smells. Since the installation of our Lopi Freedom fireplace insert and Draw Collar, we've been thrilled with their performance. The Draw Collar is one product that lives up to its claims. read lessKeli
- My wife and I were discussing the collar last night and how much it has helped. I remember lighting... read moreMy wife and I were discussing the collar last night and how much it has helped. I remember lighting the fire one evening, and all the smoke that started to billow from the fireplace in to the family room and I wondered what could be wrong. I then realized the heat collar was not on. That right there showed me how much I had been spoiled using the heat collar. I never have to worry about the convection, or if I am going to get smoke in the room, with the heat collar, it is ready to light, and up the chimney the smoke goes. We have loved it, I am glad that the folks at Fireplace Place talked me in to installing it. We would do it on EVERY wood fireplace we ever own in the future! read lessJohnI live in PA and was fed up with battling to get my wood burning insert to draw before lighting... read moreI live in PA and was fed up with battling to get my wood burning insert to draw before lighting it. I tried all the usual tricks such as lighting a ball of paper and throwing it in which worked sometimes. After the last smoke out of the house and the glaring look from my wife I decided something needed to be done. A quick search on the internet and I found the draw collar for a wood burning insert. After reading how it works and reading reviews I was willing to give it a try. I installed it myself and in addition added a switch for the collar which resides near the fan control for my fire. To light my fire I simply flip the switch to turn on the draw collar, wait about 15 mins, then light away, the fire immediately draws like it has been burning all night. Then I simply flip the switch off and we are good to go. No more hour long fire lighting ordeals or smoke outs for me! This is a great product which exceeded my already high expectations, thanks a bunch! read lessChrisThanks for suggesting the Draw Collar. I was anxious to see the fit and finish quality of Draw Collar.... read moreThanks for suggesting the Draw Collar. I was anxious to see the fit and finish quality of Draw Collar. When I opened the box, I was happy to see it was built very well. It has a very tight fit in the top of my Jotul stove, which I was very pleased with. The power cord has a very high temperature covering on it, and it can easily be routed so as not to be highly visible. I plugged the draw collar in and within 10 minutes, the heat coming from the end of the chimney pipe told me I was getting a great draw. My wife is very pleased as she didn't want any smell of smoke in the house. She's happy, which means I can use the stove without trepidation of a smoky odor in the house! read lessPatrick Ward
- We are so very grateful to have come across the Draw Collar. We had desperately been searching for a... read moreWe are so very grateful to have come across the Draw Collar. We had desperately been searching for a solution for our downdraft problem. We have a 38' stove pipe from our basement to the peak of our roof. Before getting the Draw Collar we would have smoke billowing into the room every time we went to start our wood stove. We tried everything from a heat gun to try and blow hot air up the stove pipe prior to starting the stove, to a new chimney cap which was supposed to eliminate down drafts, to lighting balls of newspaper to try and create a chimney effect and the list goes on. None of these options seemed to fix our problem. We were tired of having soot and smoke in our home and all the smoke alarms going off in our house each time we wanted to light a fire. I kept searching on the internet for a solution and finally came across the Draw Collar. It really does do the trick just as it is advertised to. We plug it in and run the draw collar for at least 30 minutes which sends hot air up the chimney. After the stuff pipe is “primed” by doing this we light off our fire and then unplug the draw collar. It has totally solved all our downdraft problems that we used to have when first lighting a fire. It is well worth the price. It looks nice and is easy to install and rugged. Thanks so much! read lessR.N.We had a new fireplace installed in the basement but just couldn't seem to get it started without smoking up... read moreWe had a new fireplace installed in the basement but just couldn't seem to get it started without smoking up the room. After a couple of times of smoking up the whole house we desparatley needed a solution and found the draw collar on the website. After a bit of research and a few phone calls we decided that the draw collar would be the solution and it has worked very well. With a 30-40 minute warm-up we got a good draw going and a smoke free start. We're having to re-paint the entire basement due to the original smoke damage but now we're confident that our smoky starts are history. read lessBill van der MeerWe finally installed a wood stove this winter, and we love the coziness and ambiance it provides in our home.... read moreWe finally installed a wood stove this winter, and we love the coziness and ambiance it provides in our home. We were horrified, however, when after letting the fire die down on a cold night, in attempting to start a new fire in the morning, our home filled up with smoke as the flue was filled with cold air, eliminating any draw up the chimney, and instead of the smoke going up the chimney, it filled up our house. We tried everything we could think of to eliminate the smoke…a fan, my wife’s blow dryer, we even tried to hold towels over all of the openings where smoke was coming out of the stove and into the
room. This happened 3 or 4 times, (once is enough, believe me) and nothing seemed to work….until we installed the Draw Collar. Now, no more smoke filled rooms, no smoke filled clothes, in fact, since installing the Draw Collar, it has even eliminated the smell of creosote from the chimney in our home. My wife is thrilled, and I’m still amazed at the simplicity and ease that the Draw Collar provides for any wood, gas or pellet stove application. Why didn’t somebody think of this before? read lessBen Williams
- I used the Collar to start two fires and it's the cure! I can walk away with minimal fire... read moreI used the Collar to start two fires and it's the cure! I can walk away with minimal fire starting technique and it will lite. I can turn the stove down low and it will hold a good clean burn with no worries about backpuffing or smouldering. I can also engage the catalytic at a lower heat range and air setting and walk away without haveing the fire snuff out or the catalytic get outside it's required heat range for it to function correctly. I also achieved a longer burn time with less wood because of the lower draft setting without compromising burn quality. It looks nice and I love using it. read lessDennisI have a basement wood burning stove and for the last couple of years it has been very difficult to... read moreI have a basement wood burning stove and for the last couple of years it has been very difficult to use. Because of the distance from the basement to the roof top plus the cold air, I generally had a difficult time getting the stove to draw properly and even to start. I would have to use my daughters hair dryer or a little camping stove to get the pipe warmed up in order to even get it started. Sometimes the cold air would push the smoke back down the flu and into the basement. Needless to say it was a pain.
Well, since the installation of the Draw Collar I have had none of those problems. It preheats the flu and enables it to draw like a champ. Having fires downstairs is now a pleasant experience rather than the difficult or even scary (wondering if it is going to smoke again this time) experience. It is a great invention and I wish you all the success in getting it to market. read lessThomas ButlerThanks for finding the cure to my wood stove I have a two story house and could never get the... read moreThanks for finding the cure to my wood stove I have a two story house and could never get the pipe warm enough to draw. I would have to use a hair dryer just to get the pipe warm. My wife was getting sick of me smoking the house out until I tried out the draw collar and that solved all my problems read lessAJ
- Just a month or so ago we were able to get a Draw Collar and installed it. I wasn't... read moreJust a month or so ago we were able to get a Draw Collar and installed it. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I had heard this thing works like a miracle. Since its installation we have experienced most of the radical weather patterns for our area. We have had temperature inversion, high winter winds, blizzard conditions, and warm day/cold night weather that requires daily restarting of our fire.
I have been amazed at what this collar does. First of all, my wife has not complained once about smoke since its installation. When lighting the fire or opening the door I have notice that as long as the Draw Collar is turned on, there is an updraft, no matter what condition the fire is in. It just seems to alleviate the issues that accompany the use of indoor wood burning.
Just as a plug here for the company, may I say to anyone who has had a wood burning heater or fireplace and is experiencing the challenges that we have experienced here, "You really need to look into this Draw Collar." It is sort of a miracle cure for the wood burning heat system. read lessBrett PickockWe have always wanted to have a wood burning stove in our home, but because of my wifes allergies to... read moreWe have always wanted to have a wood burning stove in our home, but because of my wifes allergies to smoke we felt it was not worth the risk. When we saw the Draw Collar and understood what it did we decided to take a calculated risk and try it. It has performed far beyond our expectations. I have started numerous fires in the stove and we have had no smoke in the house at all. Even the smoke from the match is drawn up and out of the stove. It has been just great. My Wife and I have been able to enjoy the warmth and security of our wood burning stove without endangering her health. read lessJoe & Gloria GallowayMy name is Don. I live in Wash. State, in a split level home. My Quadra-fired stove smoked... read moreMy name is Don. I live in Wash. State, in a split level home. My Quadra-fired stove smoked up the house so bad every time I started it, that I was about to get rid of it. Then I asked around and found out about the Draw Collar. My stove is down stairs in a large room. After putting on the Draw Collar, I was excited to say the least, that it worked great the very first time. No more choking smoke to discolor the walls, my books, and pictures. I am a happy person again. Thanks for a fine product in the Draw Collar. A timer would be nice to turn it off, I sometimes forget to do that. A smokeless house, is a happy house read lessDon Hays
- I live in Vermont and have a wood stove installed in my basement fireplace. My problem was that it is... read moreI live in Vermont and have a wood stove installed in my basement fireplace. My problem was that it is an outside wall and the stainless steel pipe that is inserted in the chimney is over 30' tall. The cold air coming down the pipe always filled the room/house with smoke before I could get the fire burning. Now with the draw collar installed, I use my stove every day. It is cold but I have no problem getting the stove started. The draw collar stops the cold air from coming down the pipe once the fire is out and that saves expensive oil bills. read lessJerryWe were having three problems with our new woodstove: smoke often entered the room when starting a fire(even though I... read moreWe were having three problems with our new woodstove: smoke often entered the room when starting a fire(even though I tried to warm the flue and opened a window that was three feet from the stove), when the fire died down and the chimney cooled a smoke smell entered the room and our carbon monoxide detector went off twice. These problems were caused when the insulated flue pipe on the outside of the house was cold. Even though the flue pipe was at the proper height to draw, we added 18" of extra pipe and a special cap that enhanced the draft. These additions helped but did not fix the problem. My woodstove installer told me about this other solution and I purchased the Draw Collar on line and he installed it for free. I plugged the Draw Collar in, waited 15 minutes and then started the fire with no smoke in the room. For two nights I purposely put smaller amounts of wood in the stove so that the fire would die out during the night. The next mornings the carbon dioxide detector reading was zero. I also didn't smell smoke. Problems solved! Thanks to the temperature sensor the Draw Collar only uses electricity when the stove cools down. According to my calculations the Draw Collar costs 4.75 cents per hour to operate here in Knoxville. The Draw Collar made our sizable investment in a stove, a pipe and stone work function properly and my wife and I agree it looks real good on the stove! read lessBruce Marston
The Vesta award
In 2001, this award was created to recognize and honor manufacturers for leading innovations and technology in specific categories.
The Draw Collar was created from scratch in 2008. It went through the necessary testing, and manufacturing in order to be sold as an international product in the Venting & Ducting world.
It was taken to the Hearth & Home Expo of 2009 for the first time. Draw Collar was set on display with a jaw dropping demonstration.
At the end of the expo, Draw Collar was recognized as the best new product in Venting & Ducting.